Wednesday, March 18, 2009



So I have no idea why I'm up so late. I'm tired, but my mind will not let me sleep. This gave me the BEST idea ever.... why not BLOG!? lol. (if you don't know me that well the sentence just to the north is replete with sarcasm) Who know's what will come out of my mouth!

My 8 year old niece, Alivia, had a pretty bad bike wreck today. I'm not sure what time it was, but it was after 6pm for sure. (why that matters I don't know but just go with it) So I get the info from my mom. She had just gotten off the phone with Alivia's mom. Then I had to get in touch with my dad so he could take my brother (Alivia's dad) to the hospital. Oh yeah, did I mention that they took her to the ER? Well.. now ya know... :) Anyway, my brother had just spent a week at my dad's in Georgia, along with his (my brother's) 4 year old daughter Emma. Dad had just brought them both back to Mississippi today. Well, I called Dad and gave him the info and he got my brother to the hospital to be with Alivia. WHEW! big ole mess... complicated by the fact that I kinda haven't talked to my brother in over a year and his cell phone never works anyway.

But Alivia is fine. :) I got to talk to her before the doctor came to see her. She's a trooper! she didn't even sound one bit pitiful. She was like, "I'm ok." lol. I love her. She's pretty banged up and got some stitches in one knee and her nose, but she'll definitely live. I'm sure that she will be sore tomorrow though!

So I have been here in Texas - not a bad place. I kinda like it! But I wish it didn't take me 8 hours or more to get to my family. It's hard.

Just FYI - my brother has 3 kids. The other one not mentioned above is Cale, my 6 year old nephew. He is a whole story unto himself! hehe. They are awesome kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment